Contact optimisation with Skyline
Skyline benefits speak for themselves
Companies using Skyline have seen great results.
- An 80% reduction in contact rate while doubling revenues.
- Reducing headcount by 20% whilst revenues double and transaction volumes increase 5 fold in a hyper competitive industry.
- A first year reduction in contact rate of 19% allowing a telco to move from stressed to revenue focused.
Why should you use Skyline?
Skyline is a methodology that helped Amazon to develop their award winning service. It gave them the highest customer satisfaction ratings of any business while reducing unnecessary customer contact by 20% year on year.
It is now a Fast+Simple best practice process that Budd and our LimeBridge partners have implemented for companies worldwide. Many of these companies have tried standard Lean or Six Sigma 'demand management' projects to eliminate unnecessary process steps and reduce repeat contacts but success is hard to achieve because:
- The initiatives are seen as ‘one-off’ projects so benefits are rarely sustained
- Projects measure their benefit in financial savings rather than what makes a different to the customer and operations. The result is that costs often increase not decrease (source: Budd 2006 Fast+Simple research)
- Workarounds are implemented rather than fixing root causes in other departments because it’s ‘too hard’ to get buy in
Skyline combines the best aspects of Lean and Six Sigma but goes further than these linear approaches. It is a mechanism that closes the loop between customer contact, improvement projects and operational delivery of processes. It overcomes the failings of other approaches since:
- It is a systematic, continuous process, not a project. It tracks customer contact rates and the impact of changes so you quickly learn what works and doesn't.
- It shows the benefit of improvements in terms of actual reduction in customer contact rates as well as financial savings so you can instantly see the benefits in the operation.
- It drives accountability for fixing issues into the areas of the business that are the root cause of customer contact.
What will Skyline give me?
Skyline is a powerful contact optimisation and demand management process that shows you where the business must focus in its ongoing improvement efforts. It shows the impact of improvements in real and meaningful terms.
When combined with effective root cause analysis techniques you know you are doing the right things in the right areas. Our WOCAS process can be used to build a comprehensive picture of root causes for contact tracked in Skyline based on the Voice of the Customer.
Substantial ROI with Skyline
Implementations of Skyline worldwide have delivered significant and simultaneous cost and service improvements. The return on investment has been quantified as 10-20 times the initial set up. More than 300% returns have been made in a year when the Skyline processes are deployed, even ignoring secondary benefits such as reduced churn.
Read more about the WOCAS process for capturing ‘What Our Customers Are Saying’ or visit Budd Life to download more information on the Amazon Skyline. If you would like to talk directly about how Skyline and WOCAS can help you then please contact us.