RBS /Worldpay case study
We can't afford to grow service as this rate...
A market leading internet payments business was experiencing extensive growth. At the levels of contact involved the business model was unsustainable so a contact reduction programme and an operations improvement programme were undertaken in conjunction with our US LimeBridge partner, Driva Solutions.
There were 4 major phases of work – fix the basics, listen to the customer, process and measures redesign and knowledge enhancement. These phases incorporated the following 7 components:
- Skills assessment, training and a new quality measurement regime
- Tactical improvements for contact elimination and deflection to self service
- A voice of customer investigation, analysing customer emails, using innovative unstructured data analysis techniques
- End to end customer process redesign
- Customer focused metrics design and implementation of the Skyline measurement process across the business
- Organisational model changes to create a closer alignment with the customer’s view of the business
- Establishing a formal knowledge management process and responsibilities
Quality monitoring has continued to support improvements in agent performance. Skyline has resulted in year on year reductions in the rate of customer contact of up to 50%. This has helped the business achieve the growth needed for a leading player in internet commerce.